March 8 – International Women’s Day (also known as IWD)…
“[…] is a global day celebrating the social, economic, cultural, and political achievements of women. The day also marks a call to action for accelerating women's equality.
IWD has occurred for well over a century, with the first IWD gathering in 1911 supported by over a million people. Today, IWD belongs to all groups collectively everywhere. IWD is not country, group or organization specific.”
- International Women’s Day 2023 (internationalwomensday.com)
But… Should we only talk about gender diversity, its impact on society, and what actions to take to bring us toward a “gender equal world” on this day?
Should we make it part of our day-to-day life, like:
- Having a gender diverse social and professional network;
- Reading, watching, listening to a gender diverse group of people;
- Attending professional events showcasing gender diverse speakers;
- Noticing our own bias and stereotypes;
- Allowing gender diverse people to speak, to be heard and listened to;
- And more…
What do you think? How often do you reflect on this issue? How often do you take “action”?
And yes, this is (I believe) a never ending quest…
Note: There are many events organized around International Women’s Day, and this is great time to publish research on the topic… This year, I’m particularly interested by the Tall Puppy Syndrome paper by Women of Influence:
Empowering yourself - starting with holding yourself accountable…
- So, how did you get on with taking a BREAK, last week?
- And now, do you have a CLEARER vision about your NEXT STEP?
- Do you know what you will GAIN from taking this STEP?
- And do you know what you will LOSE if you don’t take it?
Interested in going “deeper”, or simply curious? Take a step forward, and… Book yourself a free 45-minute
Know someone who could be interested? Forward them this latest newsletter - they can then subscribe here!
Connect with me: I look forward to hearing from you (feedback, suggestions, etc.)!: firstname.lastname@example.org | LinkedIn
To Your Success! And THANK YOU for taking the time to read this newsletter!
Christelle - Personal Leadership & Development Coach
P.S.(1): Interested, or simply curious? Book a free 45-minute Empower Yourself Discovery Call!
P.S.(2): Looking for a past newsletter? Click here.